Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Kind of difficult to put into words.

When I am online and using Edge and have 3 or 4 tabs open the windows tend to freeze and can have a difificult time doing anything with them. When I am typing letters (wireless keyboard) I noticed that they go to the computer but that the letters do not appear right away, if I type to many it freezes. If some are typed they appear possibly after several seconds. At times I can see the motion wheel turn round and round. On ocassion I have to go into task manager. Also I can hear the computer working extra hard. I do have an I7 with 12 gigs of ram and an Nvidia card Geforce GT 640.

It gets more frustrating and I am trying to find a way to find out what is causing it?

It almost seems the computer is not processing the information fast enough?

And seems bottlenecked or something?

Any type of program that could keep a check on this to find the problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks Bruce

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @brucefl,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a performance issue with your computer. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you been able to check which application is causing the computer to slow down in Task manager?

May I know the exact product number of your computer?

Recommend you to make sure all the drivers are updated. Please use HP Support Assitant for assistance. Click here to know more. 

Also, make sure all Windows updates are installed. 

Run any anti-virus installed on your computer to scan for issues. 

Reset internet options in control panel. Disable extensions that you don't use.

Open control panel by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Select view by category and change it to small or large icons (You will find this option on the top-right side of the control panel window)

Select internet options.

On the internet options window, on the top right-side click on advanced. 

On the advanced tab, towards the bottom, you will have an option to reset.

Please click on reset, refer to Step 4 in this HP article and follow the procedure under 9 in Step 4.

There are other troubleshooting steps as well mentioned in the Article. 

If the issue persists, please run an extensive system test on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is an HP Envy Phoenix  H9. I find more than not the issue is with the internet for some reason. When I type comments as I am doing now I notice that as I type the information seems to go to the computer, but the letters will not show up and if I keep going, then it will lock up and I will get the blue circle going around. I keep everything up to date. It just seems weird and not sure what test I could do to find the exact problem?

When you talk of more extensive test, which one and where would I find it?

Also just installed a new router/modem, but that does not seem to be the problem. Seems a glitch somewhere, but where is the question.

Thanks Bruce

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the product information. Are you using a wired keyboard or a wireless keyboard.?

Are you facing the lag issue only while using web browsers or with any other application as well?

Recommend you to shut down the computer. 

Turn the computer On and immediately keep tapping F2 or ESC on your keyboard repeatedly to enter system diagnostics as suggested in the article. 

Once you have booted the computer to system diagnostics, run an extensive system test on the computer. 

Hope you have installed all the Windows updates and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. 

Please reset Internet options and check if the gets resolved. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.