Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-450t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 3 months ago.

2 week ago I lost internet connection. the desktop is hard wired to the router with an ETHERNET cable. Cable was recently replaced - modem was reset/reboot several times. 

I ran the HP Network check through the HP support Assistant and I got the error message "Driver missing or hardware issue (103)"

Following a relevant post, I tried Command Prompt :"c:\windows\system32>getmac" and the message I got was:"No network adapters found"

I tried the HP Support page for missing drivers for my model and operating system (HPE-450t & Windows 10) but no files were available. Instead I got a message "HP Customer support windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update. 

I tried another search in the Microsoft website but the drivers I downloaded on a flash drive and tried to install were not compatible. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I would like to avoid a system restore if possible.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Poik1975, welcome to the forum.

As the message stated, you should try using Windows Update; not the HP Support page.  Here is a guide to help you use Windows Update.  I would have the router connected to the computer before searching for updates.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi

OK the getmac didn't help.

There are a few others, like...

ipconfig

netsh wlan show interfaces

netsh wlan show drivers

netsh lan show interfaces

netsh lan show settings

ping 127.0.0.1

What does Device Manager show under VIEW; Show hidden devices

Hidden Devices.png

HP Recommended

Devices.JPGThis is what I am gettingunder device manager view

I tried ipconfig before under Default Gateway there is nothing (empty)

the netsh wlan show drivers - shows there are no wireless interfaces on the system - which is correct, the computer is hard wired

Same result with the show interfaces - "Hosted Network status : not available"

so when I try the netsh lan show interfaces I get the message : "The wired Autoconfig Service (dot3svc) is not running"

same thing with the netsh lan show settings

the ping command yielded packets sent 4 received 4 lost 0 - and other statistics I can give a print screen if it helps

HP Recommended
Please do follow this step:
http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02543015?jumpid=reg_r1002_uken_c-001_title_r0007

This may apply for wireless network connection but if you are using wired ethernet, in the device manager you will find the word LAN in the network driver. Please do select that to reinstall the drivers back. If you don't find any go to HP SUPPORT WEBSITE . Enter your product number. After entering the product number . You will find the software and drivers category. From that end you can see all the drivers needed in your computer. Select the network driver then download and install it.
HP Recommended

Hi

Unfortunately the ping test tell us that there is something there and it works.

Similar to ping, loopback enables a user to test one's own network to ensure the IP stack is functioning properly.

So one part of the jigsaw is there.

So I suggest a delve into services,  WinKey + R  type    services.msc

There are several "Device Manager"  and "Network" services that may not be running, like my Manual start and need a trigger.  Because your Network Adapter seeming to be missing, with Plug'n'Play it should be picked up and installed.

Dev services.PNG

Net Services.PNG

Also Bit Defender has a habit of being mentioned as a possible cause in these matters, but not verifiable.

HP Recommended
As I've checked in the previous pictures you've posted I couldn't see a LAN driver there. Only WiFi got. Try to go to support.hp.com , download the LAN driver and install it to your pc. By the way, have you tried to used wifi in your pc if it works as well?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.