Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I need to do a full system recovery on my V6310US laptop running Vista Home.  I have the HP recovery disk.  When it gets to the second screen (reformatting Windows and reinstalling original content) of Recovery Manager, the program hangs at Progress: 15%.  Is this normal? If not, what's going on?  Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I tried one more time, and suddenly it stopped hanging and churned through the recover process and re-installed all the original programs.  Now,  I have anotherr problem but I will start a new thread for it if I don't find any answers in these forums.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Why not try doing it from the recovery partition on your hard disk(unless you have deleted it).

Here is the web page that explains how it is done. The HP web page has a lot of information about the Recovery Manager.

You can access recovery manager on the recovery partition by repeatedly pressing the F11 key during startup. Itt is less hassle and faster than using recovery DVDs.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I am using the HP recovery disk because my hard drive crashed and had to be replaced.

HP Recommended
Yow! Is the HDD you replaced it with the same size or smaller or an HP replacement?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
The original HD was a Toshiba 100GB 5400RPM SATA.  I replaced it with a Western Digital 320GB 5400RPM SATA, which is listed as a compatible replacement.  The new HD passed the diagnostics in the set-up utility.  We also re-seated both the  HD and the memory.
HP Recommended
I tried one more time, and suddenly it stopped hanging and churned through the recover process and re-installed all the original programs.  Now,  I have anotherr problem but I will start a new thread for it if I don't find any answers in these forums.
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.