Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Made no recent changes apart from updating to Windws 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, thanks for that.

Here is the link to the drivers and software page for your printer:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3050-all-in-one-printer-series-j610/40664...

If that does not show Windows 10 when you open it, then click Change and select Windows 10 from the pulldown.

The drivers you need to download are the Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Remove any existing drivers and software for the printer.

Install the new HP software but have the printer disconnected, and do not connect it until the installer prompts for it.

After the install is done and you reboot, you should be able to use your printer without problems.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Cimbrone

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems with your HP printer and Win10 and wanted to help.

I've done several Win10 Updates and have found their default printer drivers and software doesn't work well with HP printers.

What you need to do is remove any existing printer drivers and software, and replace that with the Full Feature Software for your HP printer, downloaded from the HP support page.

I would link you to that, but there are 16 different Deskjet 3050 models, and I would need to know the specific model of yours.  It would be something like J601a or J611b1 or something else.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Thanks! It is J610 series.
HP Recommended

There's J610 a, b, and c -- need to know which one.

HP Recommended

So sorry, it is a.  Took time, wasn't sure where to look ( I am 85!!) and learning.

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for that.

Here is the link to the drivers and software page for your printer:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3050-all-in-one-printer-series-j610/40664...

If that does not show Windows 10 when you open it, then click Change and select Windows 10 from the pulldown.

The drivers you need to download are the Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Remove any existing drivers and software for the printer.

Install the new HP software but have the printer disconnected, and do not connect it until the installer prompts for it.

After the install is done and you reboot, you should be able to use your printer without problems.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

HP Recommended

Thank you !!! It answered my problem, so grateful

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.