Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Webcam HD2300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought January 2016 along with new Slimline 450 Desktop, when Skype was set up for me and camera worked, but now I want to use Skype, although when I switch the PC on a light briefly shows, when I click onSkype nothing happens.  I'm really not PC literate, so at nearly 80 if anything goes wrong I have to pay about £25 to get someone to come to my home to  sort things out, so hope there is a simple way to sort this.  I have Automatic Updates for Windows 10.  The only answers I could find on here were from 2014 so thought things may have changed since then.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @jennywren1

Could you clarify your statement please? Are you saying when the computer was first setup in January, the camera worked but now it doesn't?

In Windows 10, go to Start, Camera and click on it.

Does the camera work in the Windows 10 viewer?

Also, are you using the Skype Windows App or the Skype desktop version?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @jennywren1

Could you clarify your statement please? Are you saying when the computer was first setup in January, the camera worked but now it doesn't?

In Windows 10, go to Start, Camera and click on it.

Does the camera work in the Windows 10 viewer?

Also, are you using the Skype Windows App or the Skype desktop version?

HP Recommended

So simple when you know how!  Working now, not using an app.  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.