Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the HP support assistant on my HP Spectre 360, Windows 10.  I also have a HP8620 all in one printer etc.  The HP Support Assistant tells me, with a exclamation point in a yellow triangle on the toolbar, that I have an alert message.  Opening the Support Assistant, I find the printer is giving me the message "HP Printers Paper mismatch error when printing from Microsoft Word".  If I delete the message, it dissappears,  but the messages icon in the HP8620 area of the support assistant shows there is a message, even though no messages are listed:

Untitled.jpg

If I close the HP Support Assistant and re-open it, the deleted message re-appears.

I have no documents awaiting printing, Microsoft Word seems to be working just fine - indeed prints correctly when I send a document to print.

How can I delete a message so that it is actually deleted, and the "alert" icons all dissappear.

Thanks in advance

Philip

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Philip, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Official HP Support Assistant site.  I suggest downloading it and installing it.  The install will remove previous versions.  This should eliminate your problem.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My HP Spectre 360X, just 10 days old, has updated Windows10 to version 1151.  That has ruined it - destroying the screen resolution and deleting my HP8620 printer installation.

I rolled it back to the previous version, but I still can't re-install the printer software (I started a thread on this when I had this problem on my previous computer, but  I've bought a new one since then)

I would now like to return my Spectre to the factory state, but Windows Recovery tells me it can't find the Recovery Environment.  I can see it is there using the Disk

Management console.

As this computer does not have a DVD drive, I didn't make a recovery disk.

Any advice on getting to the Recovery Environment gratefully received.

Regards

Philip

HP Recommended

Thank you for this.  It didn't work.

If anyone knows where the message list/flags are stored, so I can delete the relevant file, please pass on this secret.

Regards

Philip

HP Recommended

Sorry, should have added that I know the Support Assistant ran, because it now gives the Warranty Expiry date for both my Spectre (2 weeks old) as "Uknown" and my HP8620 printer (13 months old) as "Unknown"

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem on my machine. I have a HP running win 10/64 bit with a 8620 printer.

This message showed up a month ago and it will not go away. Anyone at HP out there with an answer?

HP Recommended

@dryttri, welcome to the forum.

Please start your own thread about your problem.  This thread is very old.  You will get no responses here from any of the other members.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.