Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP winterm T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

When my users press ctrl/alt/delete they do not get an option to change their password, but on older models they do.  Can you tell me if there is a config setting to allow this?

Thank you

NigeB

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That ability is more likely to be in a Windows 10 management snapin that the administrator uses to set priveleges.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I will also add...

You can change the User Account Password for a Windows 10 Local Account via the Ctrl/Alt/Del method, but not a Microsoft Account.

If your users are on Local Accounts, you might check the Local Group Policy to see if it was altered.

https://superuser.com/questions/1180120/ctrl-alt-del-change-password-missing-in-windows-10

Edit: Thin clients dont use Windows Home versions, but for other machines...

Windows Home versions do not have the Local Group Policy editor so you have to manually install it first.

You can also change the policy via a registry hack.

https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/

I will add, if doing a registry change, backup it up first!

Do this at your own risk.

Let me know if this info was applicable to your situation.

HP Recommended

Hi all

I have now found the answer.

Instead of using ctrl/alt/delete the key sequence is now   ctrl/alt/end.

Thanks for any messages on this subject though

cheers

NigeB

HP Recommended

@NigeB

It is good to hear you have resolved the issue.

You can mark your post as the accepted answer.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.