Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to add a usb camera device and use it as default rather that the installed camera.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @directortom, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you would like to use USB camera as default instead of using the integrated camera on your laptop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software and hardware changes to your PC?

What is the operating system you are running on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

To help a particular computer program like Skype or Google Voice and Video recognize your new webcam, you can disable the internal webcam through Windows. Click in the top right-hand corner of Windows and select the "Search" charm, then type "device manager." Click on "Device Manager" under "Control Panel" to launch Device Manager. Expand the section beside "Imaging Devices" and then right-click on your webcam and choose "Disable."

Connect the USB camera to your PC, install the camera drivers and try the steps mentioned below to make it default camera on your PC.

a.      Press Windows key + X.
b.      Select Control Panel.
c.      Click on Devices and Printers.
d.      Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.
e.      Right click on Logitech webcam.
f.      Click on Set this device as default.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.