Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
550-012a
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am unable to play videos without having a choppy/stuttering like effect when video pans left or right. This is for all video, i.e. streaming netflix/stan (via web browser) or just watching a local video file (windows media player or VLC media player), the playback is very choppy.

The video is being played on my tv which i have hooked up via HDMI cable to the TV. I have tried updating to windows 10, installing many video drivers, resetting the system back to windows 8.1 and using the latest drivers from the HP support drivers page. But am having no luck. I hope this system spec is good enough to play videos.

PLEASE HELP!!

Specs of system:

• AMD A8-7600(2 Core, 3.1Ghz)
  • 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • 2TB SATA Hard Drive
  • SuperMulti DVD Burner drive
  • AMD Radeon R7 Series/ AMD Radeon R5 330 Graphics
  • High definition audio
  • Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth
  • 7-in-1 Media Card Reader
  • 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Microphone, 2 x USB 2.0 1 x 1 x VGA, 1 x HDMI
  • USB Keyboard, USB Mouse & Power cord included
  • Windows 8.1 Pre-installed
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @Shad00,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are facing an issue with video streaming on your TV. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Do you have the same issue while watching the video on your computer?

Recommend you to update all the drivers and BIOS using HP Support Assistant. Click here

Based on the specifications of your computer, your computer came with AMD and Intel graphics card. Recommend you to install the graphics driver from AMD and Intel website.

As you have 2 graphics cards on your computer, disable Intel and use AMD graphics card using the switchable graphics control panel and check. 

If the issue persists, recommend you to try a different HDMI cable. You can also refer to this article for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83

Thanks for your response.

Yes i have the same issue when watching videos locally on my computer.

I have loaded the HP Support assistant and it seems all my drivers are up to date.

My computer did not come with an Intel graphics card; it came with an AMD graphics card.

I have tried a diffeent HDMI cable and that did not work either.

Please help, as i feel like i've spen a lot of my money on this PC for it to not be able to simply play videos.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please download the driver from AMD website as suggested earlier. 

Recommend you to update adobe flash on the computer. Click here

Please right-click on the Windows button. 

Open device manager. 

Uninstall the display adapter, delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer. 

Install the AMD driver you downloaded. 

You can also Enable 'Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering' option in Internet Explorer.

Follow the procedure below. 

Right-click on the Windows button. Open Control Panel.

On the top right side of the control panel, you have an option to change view by small icons/large icons

Select Internet Options.

On the Advanced tab, locate the Accelerated graphics section.

Ensure the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box is selected. If not click the check box

Click Apply, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer and then restart it so that the change takes effect.

Also, refer to this Microsoft article for assistance. 

Do you have the charger connected while watching videos?

Please do run an extensive test on the computer to test for Hardware failures. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @chminey_83

Thanks for that.

- I checked the hardware via the uEFI boot application. All hardware works (via quick test)

- I deleted the drivers and installed the relevant AMD drivers.

- I updated internet explorer to use software rendering, however i don't use internet explorer, i use firefox. Additionally if the problem is with local media files and with streaming files, would enabling software rendering in IE make sense (maybe i have missed something with the logic in this step)?

This still hasn't fixed the choppyness/stutter in videos.

Please help

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you to check chrome and also update flash on the computer. If the issue persists, as you have already performed a clean install of Window 8.1 as you mentioned. Recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options.  

Also, check in the task manager by doing a right-click on the taskbar to check if any applications are using a lot of the system resources. Check CPU usage and memory usage in the task manager. 

Disable the applications using a lot of resources and check if it fixes the issue you are facing. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.