Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-f270
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My all-in-one screen started having some issues on left side a couple of months ago like images were burning into screen. As of yesterday, the screen is now putting on quite a light show.  Crazy flashing lights, black screen, green screen, all over the board.  Nothing even resembling a usable computer screen as I can't do anything at all.  Options?  Worst case is I'd like to get to my files on the hard drive which I'm not sure I can do.  Best case is a fixed display.  I'll take anything in between.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @effinhimer,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand your computer is having a party, causing the flashy & crazy lights (having display quality issues), 
I'm not parties but since you want to end it, I'll join your cause 😉

That said, to provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
What did the party begun? when was the last time it worked without the crazy strobe lights?

Any hardware or software changes that might have contributed towards the party?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

In order to isolate the issue, I would recommend you to boot the computer into BIOS and check if the screen flicker, if the screen flickers as it's outside of windows, I would suggest this to be a hardware failure.

If the screen stays fine, then I would suggest you perform a Bios update as well as graphic card update, from the support website, using this link.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Neither solution worked.  I was guessing it was a video card issue.  Can it be replaced for that model?  If not, can I get to the hard drive to retrieve my files/

HP Recommended

@effinhimer
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.