Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Boot Device not found

please install an operating system on your hard disk

hard disk -(3F0)

F2 system diagnostics 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First thing to do is press F2 from that screen.  If it passes the F2 test, then the boot manager has been corrupted and needs repaired.

Report back with the F2 results

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

This just happened to me two days ago.. I was told that it would cost 150-300 to replace or fix the hard drive if that was the issue. You may have loose wires, or loose parts if you ever dropped your device. I watched SEVERAL videos and read every possible article on what to look at and check.. I popped off my keyboard (as shown on YouTube) and used compressed air to get any dust out ..do this around the fan area and hard drive and USB ports especially. I also closely inspected that all screws were tightened and followed all the wires to make sure they were connected. I DID not disconnect the cable ribbons that are attached to the keyboard and motherboard because I was worried the oils on my hands would damage it or that I would break it. So I had a harder challenge looking at everything with a half propped open laptop. I also didn’t unscrew the battery or motherboard (you might need to if you can’t find the error). Make sure your hardrive is in tight! This worked for me and I saved 300$.. took me 5 hours though and several attempts, Hope it helps! You’ll need certain screw drivers as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.