Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20 bw IPS monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this 20-inch monitor for about 2 years. It works find until recently. There are two issues.

1. The power and front control panel buttons all fail to work now.

2. I can see there are two displays in display setting in my PC when I hook up two monitors on my PC. One of them is this 20-inch monitor. However, there is no signal go to this one. Furthermore, when I click "Detect", system indicates "didnot detect another display". 

So far, I have tried unhook power cord, signal cable and restart my PC several times. None work. Any other trouble shooting guides or time to get a new display??? Thank you for your help!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you have another monitor available (that you know works) try to hook that one up.  If it works, bad monitor.  If that doesn't work, need to keep troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

@Richard287M,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the front panel buttons do not work on your HP Pavilion 20-inch Display monitor.

The front panel button issue could be a hardware issue. 

For the issue regarding the signal to the monitor, you may need to remove the main monitor and connect this one and check if the issue persists.  

You may also check the link: http://hp.care/2os45NM

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your tips...Unfortunatelly, none of those works...That leads me to believe the monitor needs to be repaired!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.