Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1SFF

Help! I have a new (purchased a year ago but never used) HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF with has Displayport and VGA outputs (no HDMI).  The Displayports are "DP++".  I'm wanting to use a Philips TV as a monitor which has only HDMI and SCART input (no Displayport or VGA).  Purchased a passive Displayport/HDMI cable but it doesn't work.  The TV does work fine, as I tested it by connecting a Toshiba laptop to it (HDMI  to HDMI).  What am I missing here...could it be a bad Displayport/HDMI cable?  Do I need a active cable not passive?  There's a problem with my HP computer?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP supports DP-HDMI with HP branded (means tested and qualified) adapters. Can not vouch for 3rd party adapter. These are list prices

BP937AA - DisplayPort To HDMI Adapter Cable - $29
K2K92AA - HP DisplayPort To HDMI 4k Adapter - $35

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I couldn't get my ProDesk 600 g1 SFF to drive a new Visio TV no matter what type of cable or adapter I used.  I only had HDMI inputs on the TV and Display Port output on the PC.  I got a Tripp-Lite USB 3.0 to 4k HDMI adapter and it works great.  I even had two monitors on DisplayPort and one on VGA direct from the PC and the USB 3.0 adapter running the TV all on the same resolution with no issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.