Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Webcam HD 4310
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP Webcam model HD-4310. I installed the software on my computer and I can see my own face on the screen.  I pressed the camera symbol and there was a loud camera type click but when I went to look for the image on my hard drive (C:\) I could not find it.  I looked especially in C:\users\user\My Documents\WebCam Media but I could not find the images in either the capture, masque or monitor sub folders.  Please, can anyone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I took a look to see what software is supplied with the webcam. It appears to be ArcSoft WebCam Companion, but I am not aware of the version that it is. It could be version 2, 3 or 4.

Use the Windows Explorer.

Look for an ArcSoft WebCompanion folder or something similar.

That is probably where your pictures and videos are.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My Arc-Soft Companion version is 4.5. I can only find a folder called Arc-Soft Connect which has no pictures in it.  There is on the C drive a folder called Web Cam Media but there are no pictures there either.

HP Recommended

The best place to get information on the ArcSoft Web Companion version 4.5 would be by posting the question in the ArcSoft forum.  See the link below.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/default.asp

They produce the software and should definitely know the ins and outs of the various versions better than anyone in the HP forum would. Join the forum by registering and create a thread with the question. Be sure and reference the specific version that you have.  Finding a manual for the ArcSoft Webcam Companion software has proved to be pretty difficult. Even finding a tutorial via YouTube in English is no easy task.  Sometimes you just have to go to the Horse's mouth, so to speak.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.