Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What can you do if someone has hijacked your home Internet system and takes control over all of your devices, so, that you cannot even get your college homework done?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Livewithangels, welcome back to the forum.

I suggest that you contact your Internet Service Provider.  They will be able to help you solve your problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I have done that before and they said I would have to seeka lawyer and sue as my only option, in which I have done and am working on continuing that process. It is someone I know who is harassing me and he has een reported to the police already in the past and currrently for a few things, actually. But I don't know how to keep him out cuz he has control of my modem/router configurarations, (I am a 7 year student at PSU for computers), and I am just plaining leaving the state cause he won't atop the harrassment. The wifi is in my landlord's name and I don't have his credentials to authorize calling the ISP in my home. But thank you for responding!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Livewithangels.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.  If the hacker hasn't taken control of your BIOS, you may be able to do a System Recovery to remove any program that he is using to control your computer.  At least, it is worth a try.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.