Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p6823w-b
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)
My sister gave my son this hp, along with an lg 22 inch display , the setup worked prior , the display is connected to the CPU via dvi connector . It is onboard Radeon 4200 , integrated . All fans spin and CPU /hard drive lights on tower seem functional .

So when the display is connected , CPU is OFF, the blue blinking light surrounding the display power blinks . When the CPU is turned on , the blinking light of the display stops blinking , and monitor remains blank , as if there is no power anywhere . Ive reversed the dvi cable , and tried the power cable resets . It's odd, as the display seems fine waiting for a signal , goes all dark when it receives a signal . Please help , if you can
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Neilleo,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand your HP Pavilion Desktop won't boot into Windows properly, Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the PC with all the devices disconnected: 

• Turn off the computer.

• Disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse, and keyboard. This includes removing web cameras, USB devices, thumb drives, camera-type memory cards, and other displays.

• If the display has a detachable cable, obtain a second display cable for testing purposes.

• Disconnect the display power cable, wait about 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and then turn on the display. This resets the electronics on the display. Make sure the display has power and the power light comes on when the power button is pressed. If the light on the display remains off, the display is not receiving power from either the wall outlet or the power adapter.

Attempt a Bios Recovery

If the above steps work and the display turns on/if not, use an alternate monitor and then: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side.

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance: Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.