Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried calibration, the text is VERY hard to read. I adjusted the high contract options but those are obscene, I only want to edit the text colors to help with readability. It is bad enough I think I'll return this tonight. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Pagermonkey,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a display quality issue on your computer. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked the display quality in BIOS?

May I  know the product number of your computer? Click here for assistance. 

Request you to do a power reset on the computer and check the display quality in BIOS. 

Follow the procedure mentioned below for assistance in doing a power reset. Click here for an HP Article

Please disconnect any devices connected to your computer. 

If you have any USB or DVD in the computer, please disconnect it.

Perform a power reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Disconnect the adapter, remove the battery (if it can be removed)

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain the static in the computer. 

Connect the adapter and battery to the computer. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F10 or ESC repeatedly on startup. 

This should take you BIOS or a Startup menu from where you can select BIOS. 

Check the display quality in BIOS. 

If the display is dim or fuzzy in BIOS as well, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

If the display is normal in BIOS, restart the computer and run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers are updated. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.