02-08-2014 06:32 PM
Product name: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC
Product number: E7Z34UA#ABA
Windows 8.1 64-bit
When in my desktop, if I click on the Google Chrome icon on the taskbar, the website is displayed in a separate screen by itself instead of on my desktop. On this separate screen, in the lower left hand corner there are two icons: Apps icon and Google Chrome icon. In Vista the Google Chrome would display the website on my desktop and I could create a shortcut to the website just by dragging the internet address to my desktop. With this separate screen, I can't create a shortcut to the website.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Google Chrome doesn't open on my desktop
02-09-2014 08:03 PM
Thanks for the solution. It worked.
It is interesting that the 3rd screen is called a Modern UI by Microsoft.
02-09-2014 04:26 PM
If I understand correctly, it sounds like your Chrome is opening in windows 8 mode. Try going to your Chrome menu button (3 horizontal bars on the top right corner) and select "Relaunch Chrome on the desktop"
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)