Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 22CWA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new HP 22CWA monitor plugged into wall and using a brand new HDMI cord

Occasionally and randomly, monitor will flash black multiple about three times in a row

unplugging does not fix, restarting computer only helps for about 20 minutes.

Mianly occurs when switching between windows on monitor but i cannot stop changing what i am looking at being i use this for work.

issue is lightly affecting my epilepsy.

If issue continues i will probably return this and buy a different brand. PLEASE HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have had problems with the 27xw flickering black when playing videos in Firefox.  I noticed that when the HP display's menu was up, it did not blink on and off with the computer screen rendered behind it.  This led me to discover that the solution is to open the NVidia control panel, go to "Adjust Desktop Color Settings" and change "Content type reported to the display" to either "Desktop Programs" or "Full screen videos".  If that setting is on "Auto-Select (Recommended)" the display blinks off randomly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have had problems with the 27xw flickering black when playing videos in Firefox.  I noticed that when the HP display's menu was up, it did not blink on and off with the computer screen rendered behind it.  This led me to discover that the solution is to open the NVidia control panel, go to "Adjust Desktop Color Settings" and change "Content type reported to the display" to either "Desktop Programs" or "Full screen videos".  If that setting is on "Auto-Select (Recommended)" the display blinks off randomly.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the walkthrough on how to do this, it will be tested for the next 24 hours

thanks again!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for advise - solved flashing issue when starting up a vertual desktop - so pleased 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.