Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP X3000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Since I've bought a new computer and upgraded from win7 to win10 my HPX3000 wireless mouse doen'st work. My ssytem does recognize it and sais device is working proparly, but no matter what I do it still doesn't work/connect/move.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Ad

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AdKo,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. After reading your post I see that you have issues with your HP wireless mouse after buying a new computer with  windows 10. It will be a delight to assist you here.

A superb job was done by doing the basic troubleshooting of checking if it gets recognized in windows 10. I am truly amazed by your great troubleshooting skills. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with technically competent minds.

You are a valued HP customer and we greatly appreciate your business with HP.

First off, we need to isolate the issue to being software or hardware related.

Please perform these troubleshooting steps first:

• Please replace the mouse batteries with new ones.
  • Press the blue Connect button on the bottom of the mouse  and hold it down for 10 seconds. Synchronize the wireless device with the receiver. If there is a connect button on the receiver press that also.
  • Please try the mouse on a different computer at home or office to isolate the issue.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers from device manager.
  • Type device manager in the search window>go to device manager>Mice and other pointing devices>expand it and uninstall it from the keyboard if possible and later scan for hardware changes.

Please try these links for further troubleshooting:

Link 1  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03385353#AbT0

Link 2: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006821

Link 3: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/321122

If nothing works please replace the mouse as it could be a hardware issue with the mouse.

Hope this helps! Please keep me posted about it. I will be glad to be at your service always. Please let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles. Thanks for being a part of the HP community and if you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.