Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Wow, thank you so much!

It looks like Staples has this available online as well, and only $269!  YES!!

Appreciate your help John333333. 🙂 

HP Recommended

Staples still has the online listing for the monitor, but it's also marked as 'Out of Stock.'

It's in red type, just beside the blue 'Add to favorites' button, above and to the right of the monitor picture.

Perhaps you didn't notice this in your joy at finding they were carrying it.

Since the model is discontinued, they won't be getting any more of them.

So I'd call their Kitchener store (or maybe some of their other ones) ASAP and ask them to hold one, if they still have it in-store..

HP Recommended

I think I got the last one online haha 🙂

I placed the order LATE last night and was able to 'add to cart' at that time...when I look now, like you said, it's 'out of stock' and you can't add to cart...I also found a $10-off coupon code online so I got the same price as the in-store clearance item in Kitchener...LUCKY ME! 😄 (I hope...hope they didn't mess up the inventory). 

HP Recommended

Congratulations!

Hope your order did actually go through.

If you get the monitor, and end up having the buzzing noise problem mentioned in this thread, I also found another way to solve it, without turning off the speakers.

I found that just replacing the audio cable with one of higher quality eliminated the buzzing at any volume.

The audio cable which eliminated the noise has a little knob-like protruding ring about one inch wide at each end, about five inches from the ends. Don't know what's inside this protrusion, but maybe it's some sort of anti-static, or noise repression, circuitry.

It's just another possible solution in case you want to use the (tinny) speakers.

Good luck . . . 

HP Recommended

Thanks again John33333!!

HP Recommended

@john333333 wrote:

(...) Same problem with buzzing.But I found it was actually coming from the speakers.

Disconnecting the audio cord, or turning down the speaker volume using the monitor's screen controls, to zero, eliminated it. (...)

Yes! Thanks john333333.

HP Recommended

This answer you have is the best on the internet and I had to also search the word "inverter" to come back here, not just 'hp humming". I just now did the HP G70 463cl updates for the BIOS going 6.5. Suddenly the LED inverter coil hums if the display power is not on full brightness and at different sound frequency when it is changed to a different brightness.  If I put that varish spray your talking about it would fix it. It is resonating to the thin green circuit board. It wouldn't just stop with a piece of foam. It needs some kind of gel glue along the circuit board next to the coil. If the BIOS change is not really the problem it still could be the LED, probably not. I might just put some E6000 glue on it since it really only needs a  bead along the edge next to the green curcuit board and in just one small area on the right, not the whole coil. I put my finger right on the exposed coil in one spot and it clears up. Kind of just pinch my fingernail inbetween the coil and the circuit board and it solved the noise. It really just now healed about 70% because of what I just did. It's on the right of the coil and the first edge too. The internet vote is that E6000  is superior non-conductive

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.