Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My computer is a p7-1534, product number H2N63AA#ABA, running Windows 8.1 64-bit.  The audio driver was an IDT, downloaded direct from HP, specifically provided for my system.  I'm trying to figure out how to completely remove Beats Audio from my system.  It shows up in the Control Panel under Beats Audio, but doesn't show up in the Programs section, so I can't figure out how to uninstall it...or can it be uninstalled without uninstalling the entire driver?  I tried disabling it in the Beats Audio screen, and it got rid of most of the effect it has on audio, but not all - the bass is still noticably louder than it should be.  All I want is for the music to sound just as it was recorded originally in the studio, not artificially enhanced by Beats Audio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think I finally got rid of it.  I searched drive C for "beats" and "beat" and erased all of them that appeared to be related to Beats Audio.  I had to do that three times, each time deleting any Beats files tht showed up in a search.  Finally, after the third boot, nothing showed up in the search.  My audio is working just fine, and no more Beats Audio.  I imagine I could still run Beats through the motherboard but, as long as i don't try to run Beats, it's no longer automatically loading at boot.

Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Michael, go into the Control Panel / Device Manager / Sound, video and game controllers / right click on the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and select "Uninstall".  This will remove it from your computer.  You have to have some other driver to put in its place to have audio.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, Provost, but that doesn't work.  When I re-boot, Windows just re-installs the audio driver and Beats Audio is still there.  I also actually un-installed the "IDT" program in addition to uninstalling IDT in the device manager - Windows still re-installs IDT with Beats Audio upon re-boot.

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information.

Since the Audio is built into the motherboard, I don't believe that the CODEC can be removed.

HP Recommended

I think I finally got rid of it.  I searched drive C for "beats" and "beat" and erased all of them that appeared to be related to Beats Audio.  I had to do that three times, each time deleting any Beats files tht showed up in a search.  Finally, after the third boot, nothing showed up in the search.  My audio is working just fine, and no more Beats Audio.  I imagine I could still run Beats through the motherboard but, as long as i don't try to run Beats, it's no longer automatically loading at boot.

Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for posting your solution.

HP Recommended

I found a easy way to get rid of that auful beatsaudio, I try everything that I found here and had no results at all, I manage to get rid of the icon on the left of my desktop but when I checked the control panel I still can fin the Beats Icon and still could sence the software coming trough my music, So I look for Beats on my serch icon beside the windows start (Windows 10) and on the first icon I left clicked and put unistall, and it did get me to the modify/uninstall window, but no beatsaudio icon...  But a Realteck Hig Def Audio I did see... so I Uninstall that one and... walla!! Eureka! No beats anywhere! no in control panel. Hope can work for you guys to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.