Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
8000 SFF WE595PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi E1,

I have setup my 8000 Elite SFF desktop to run dual monitors via the VGA port and the display port using a display port to VGA adapter.

When all is plugged in and I start up the computer nothing comes up on screen and after about 10 seconds the fan starts up very loud.

I can unplug the display port adapter and then the monitor connected to the VGA port comes on. I can then plug in the monitor connected to the display port via the adapter and it works fine and shows dual display mode perfectly.

My Device Manager is showing all drivers installed (apart from PCI Serial Port which I consider a fairy standard issue with most older systems running W10).

Am I missing something here? Do I really need to be unplugging the display adapter and then plugging it in after Windows has started?

Thanks in advance. My brain is slowing down trying to figure these things out these days I can tell you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, I tried all of your suggestions and i was still having the problem so I loaded the bios defaults and that seemed to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

BJMonty, welcome to the forum.

You should definitely not have to boot the computer and then install the monitor using the DisplayPort.  It sounds like the port is not initializing for some reason.  I suggest checking the settings in the Control Panel / Display to see you need to make a change. 

Here is an option that you may want to consider if all else fails.  You can contact StarTech's Tech Support for help.  This will allow you to use on of the USB ports for video.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks, I tried all of your suggestions and i was still having the problem so I loaded the bios defaults and that seemed to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  You found my next suggestion.  I am glad that you found it on your own.  You will be here helping others in no time. :Wink:

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.