Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE series Model # H81360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

OK don't laugh as this is "old" school and I am a senior to boot.  I have a HP PC and I have an old Go Video (see description below) that used to play my old vhs tapes - which often can not be found on DVD.  I wish to down load them to my computer to convert them to digital or if they are copy writed (some are so old they are not) then at least watch them.  I wanted to do so on my laptop but l gave up.

I am looking at the booklet that came with the computer and step two shows several options (which would help me to know before I buy what ever I need to plug in converters or what ever I am researching on youtube - help anyone, lol lol).  VGA, DVI, HDMI, HDMI- DVI, and VGA-DVI

I have windows 7 and did not like windows 10 when it came out. 

I put this under "gaming" as it would I assume be the best option HP gives. Aslo the category does not seem to be relevant.  sorry but I have to choose something.  Not sure what. Thanks ahead if anyone can assist. 

"""Go-Video was an electronics company that manufactured dual-deck VHS recorders for home use.""

(my last job was in financial graphics for law firms but I am not skilled in computer "it" so I will do my best but may not use the correct terms)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sazure 

You need a proper converter/adapter specially connecting to DVI, HDMI on computer because VHS tapes use analog signals. Probably 10 years back, I convert VHS family tapes to DVD's. Buy you only need to play therefore you can use the following setup

https://www.freevideoworkshop.com/watch-vhs-tapes-on-a-computer-screen-can-you-do-it/

https://kodakdigitizing.com/blogs/news/can-you-watch-vhs-tapes-on-your-pc

and many more

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.