Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Do a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor and then hold down the monitor's power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in a give it a go.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks so much!  I have been trying to find out how to disable that nasty thing.

HP Recommended

Is there a way to avoid this temporary nuisance?

HP Recommended

I tried these steps and still got the "POWER BUTTON LOCKOUT"   so I did a factory reset and I can turn the monitor off again, instead of having to turn my entire pc off. Thanks for giving me the courage to do the factory reset . I was afraid to try it.

Mine is the HP 2009m one. I don't know why it just out of the blue did the power button lockout but I am really glad its fixed.

HP Recommended

and.............how do I re-set  the "monitor going to sleep" message .  For some reason, after some minutes, the monitor now goes to an array of brilliant colors continuously, instead of just a black screen......I then turn the monitor off to eliminate the distraction...... I will apprieciate your input and hopefully, resolution.   thanks

HP Recommended
have you already tried the factory reset?

Also check for power saving settings at the monitor side and at the pc side.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!!

HP Recommended

I inadvertently pushed buttons on the monitor and it has me confused.what should the status message say in order for me to get my computer up and running? I don't know VGA from hdmi ect.

HP Recommended

On the front of the monitor at the bottom near the off/on button are some icons.  I started clicking on them until I found the one that says  Input Control.   Click down to auto input, there's an arrow running horizontally.  Click on this and the Off / On info will pop up.  Hit off and that did it for me.  Try it and see if it works.

Miss Emma

HP Recommended

Go to bottom of monitor by the turn on button.  There are icons right beside it.  Play with those until the one comes up that says Input Control.  Go down to auto-switch input.  Leave the blue line on auto-switch and then toggle the last icon on the left and the on off comes up for auto-switch.  Put it on off and the next time you turn on your monitor, those checkups will not be there.

Miss Emma

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.