Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w2338h 23-inch LCD Monitor

I don't have a system problem. I'm just trying to set up. My competer, it's an HP W23385 monitor and I'm trying to move the stand so I can stand in computer up, but I don't wanna break it and they did not come with instruction. I brought it refurbish

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Drea33,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To adjust the stand of your HP W2338h 23-Inch LCD Monitor without causing any damage, it's crucial to proceed with caution and follow the general guidance for adjusting stands on LCD monitors, especially since you've mentioned the monitor was purchased refurbished and came without instructions. While I can provide you with a general approach to adjusting or setting up the stand for such monitors, it's important to note that specific models might have unique mechanisms or locking features.

General Steps for Adjusting the Stand of an LCD Monitor:

Place the Monitor on a Soft Surface: Lay down a clean, soft cloth on a flat surface to prevent scratching the screen. Then, gently lay the monitor face down on the cloth.

Inspect the Stand and Monitor for Locking Mechanisms: Look for any screws, levers, or buttons on the stand or where the stand connects to the monitor. These might be used to secure the stand in place or to allow adjustments.

Adjusting the Stand:

• If the stand is designed to tilt, you can usually just hold the base with one hand and gently push back or pull forward on the monitor itself with the other hand to adjust the viewing angle.
  • For height adjustments, if supported, there might be a button to press or a lever to release the locking mechanism, allowing you to slide the monitor up or down.
  • For rotating the monitor into portrait mode, ensure the monitor and stand specifically support this feature. Usually, you would gently twist the monitor while the base remains stationary, but only do this if you're sure the model supports it.

Secure the Stand: If you've loosened any screws or locking mechanisms, make sure to tighten them back up once you've achieved the desired position.

Since you're using a refurbished model and specifics can vary, here's a more direct approach to getting the right information:

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.