Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion elite hpe-337c
I recently obtained a hp pavilion elite hpe-337 from relatives. It was fully functional before they gave it to me but they kept there last hard drive and it came with only the power cable. I had a new hard drive ordered but I am having trouble connecting to a monotor. The hard drive does not have an operating system on it yet but the bios should still show up right? I tried using a dvi-d (single link) cable, a vga cable with a dvi-a (analog) adapter and an hdmi cable but still no success. Am I doing something wrong?
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @ConnorJ, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues booting into your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your monitor?

Have you tried connecting the monitor to a different PC does the issue persist?

Do you hear any beep sound or errors on your PC?

Yes, you should be able to boot into BIOS even if there is no operating system on the hard drive.

Try swapping the memory (RAM) on your PC and try checking memory with different memory slot.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Disconnect the video cable from the display and make sure the display power cable is plugged into a power outlet.
With the display plugged in, press the power button on the display. There is a power indicator light located in the display case. What happens to the light?
If the power light comes on, the display has power, skip to Listen to the computer and look at the lights.
If power light remains off when you press the power button, either the display is not receiving power or the display is defective. Check all of the following items before attempting to service or replace the display:
Make sure the power outlet has power and the power outlet matches the power rating for the display.
Connect the display to a different power outlet.
Try a different power cord.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Display or Monitor is Blank issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.