Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-114a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 550-114a. On the back of the tower I have 2 vidio outputs, a VGA and a DVI. I would like to be able to use 2 monitors as well as a projector. The projector and the second monitor would be mirrored. I am using the VGA port for the first monitor and works. If I use a DVI cable for the second monitor, only the second monitor, it works well. Or if I put the DVI cable to the projector, that works well. But if I put an active splitter after the DVI output on the tower to both the projector and the second monitor, it will not work. I am unable to recieve a signal to either one or the other. I will receive a signal to one, but not the other.  This is for my church and need help understanding what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your help. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

While that should work, the splitter is not doing its job.  Many people and churches are doing exactly what is posted.  Either the splitter is defective or there needs to something else.  What model number and make is this splitter?

Also, is anything else being used in this setup - between the computer and the projector end.  Most people in your situation do not have the projector within a short distance, so how far away is the projector and how is the monitor signal getting there?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Yes, the projector is about 180' away. So I am using an HDBaseT HDMI balun kit to extend via Cat6 from the tower. I'm still using a DVI to HDMI cable to the balun kit.

The DVI splitter is a VellBox DVI splitter, 1080p 1X4 5V/3A.
HP Recommended

OK.  I looked at the splitter.  It shows an input for the DVI and then 4 outputs.  Now from the first post, it is not exactly clear when you state it works with only the 2nd monitor or the projector but not both.  Is that while having the splitter in the string and the first monitor connected VGA?  It all that is yes, then connect the second monitor to output number 1.  That way the splitter should pass on the monitor info to the computer.  Then if it works that way, add the projector to the monitor #2

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Yes, that is correct, it would go PC, splitter, #2 monitor & projector.

How would I add the projector to monitor #2? Isn't that what the splitter is for?
HP Recommended

I'm sorry - I meant put the projector on output #2

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.