Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1063wm

Hello,

I have an HP laptop pavilion. I just updated the computer, the apps, and the HP assistance. Now my computer will let me import my photos and videos from my iPhone 14 pro, but the videos will not play. It gives me a message saying to download a HEVC extension app for $0.99 for my videos to play. Now I had imported the videos to my computer over the weekend, and it worked fine, but since Sunday, they will not import or play. I would greatly appreciate any help. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You said you updated the computer and apparently, this problem only started after than update.

Did this include any Windows Updates? Asking because those can include Driver Updates and it's not uncommon for Windows to replace an older WORKING driver with a newer NONWORKING driver.

About all that can be done is to check the history of Windows Updates and if one was done recently, see if you can uninstall that.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Sorry, i wouldn't say it was after I updated. It worked and then I knocked my computer so it made the flash drive have an error. so I took the flash drive out after I did a fix on the flash drive. after the flash drive was fixed, I took it out. Then I tried to import my videos a couple days later and they would import to my computer but it just showed a black screen but the video would play. it tells me to install an app for a HEVC extension. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I have no knowledge of how to do that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.