Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2159v Monitor

After working for a few minutes normally, the screen states going to sleep mode and screen goes blank- even after re-bottling same thing happens. Can someone help?

regards

Barryp1

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello@Barryp1

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 As I understand the monitor isn't getting detected though the cables are connected properly.

The message - "No Input Signal" is normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off).

However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong. Check with an alternate video cable (HDMI or VGA) If the issue persists, try the below steps:

The display's resolution used by Windows has probably been set to a resolution that cannot be used by the monitor. Use the following steps to see if the monitor can display screens from safe mode:

1. Cycle the power on the monitor as follows:

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Plug in the power cord.

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor.

One of two things happens:

§ The image from the computer displays on the monitor and you can use the computer again. This indicates that the monitor was unable to detect that the computer had awakened from suspend mode. Turn the monitor off when it is not being used or disable suspend mode on the computer. For some computers, updating the BIOS can correct these types of suspending problems.

OR

§ The power light on the monitor comes on but the screen displays one of the messages again. The monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer that it can detect and use. Continue using these steps.

2. If the computer is on, wait until the hard drive activity light on the computer is not lit and then press and hold the Power button on the computer case until the computer turns off.

3. If the monitor has a factory reset or restore options, set it. Press the Menu button on the front panel and select Factory Reset.

4. Wait 5 seconds and then turn on the computer by pressing the Power button again.

5. Adjust the Windows display resolution to a setting that is compatible with the monitor. For more steps, Click here

Let me know how that pans out, I hope you have a good day ahead, And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.