Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP V24i FHD Monitor

I am helping an elderly neighbor set up a used Gateway computer.  The computer has a clean install of Windows 10 2H22. 

She has an HP  V24i FHD monitor.  After connecting the monitor, it was obvious we need a better driver.  Not everything fit on the screen.  I had to reduce the resolution in Window settings to see everything.  But, how do I get the correct driver? 

On the HP support website I followed the prompts and end up with a down load of HP  Support Assistant.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to update the driver from this app.

When I go to Window 10 Settings/Updates, I am NOT offered an update for this monitor.  And, there are no optional updates offered where the driver may be offered.

Help!  Any suggestions?

MikeT in VA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the monitor driver but are you sure the PC has the correct graphics driver installed?

HP V24i FHD Monitor Software and Driver Details

The symptoms you are describing seem to indicate that the graphics driver is not installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the monitor driver but are you sure the PC has the correct graphics driver installed?

HP V24i FHD Monitor Software and Driver Details

The symptoms you are describing seem to indicate that the graphics driver is not installed.

HP Recommended

Paul,

Thx for the driver link and the advice.  You may be right, it may be the graphics card driver.  Thx.  I will check that out.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.