Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 9 (612 Views)
Accepted Solution

No Audio Output Device is Installed after System Recovery

Product Name: Touchsmart 610 1150y
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently experienced an issue that forced me to do a system recovery. I updated to Windows 10 several months ago without problems from 7. After backing up, I did the recovery. The Beats Audio system will not work now and the system indicates No Audio Output Device in Installed.

I have tried downloading drivers without any impact. I also uninstalled the sound controller (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) through Device Manager and the rebooted the system. Doing so resulted in a warning triangle over the device. When I try to download software updates for it, it begins to download the driver and then sends an error message idicating a driver was found but that the device is not functioning. The audio worked perfectly until I ran the recovery so it seems not to be a hardware failure.

Speaker Issue.jpg

Can you suggest a way to fix this or to diagnose the problem?  Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Mark

Accepted Solution

Re: No Audio Output Device is Installed after System Recovery

Finally!!! I found a solution!! A random Google search for a lost IDT Codec driver in Windows 10 suggested another thread here on the HP Forum. After several suggestions this one was posted:

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

Perfect!!! Worked like a champ!!!  Problem solved...just took me two weeks to find it.

View solution in context
Honor Student
Message 2 of 9 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having this exact same problem after system recovery. I've tried to find drivers but there doesn't seem to be anything for Windows 10. Please let me know if you find a solution!

*EDIT

I found a solution that worked for me after about 2 hours! I downloaded the sounds driver for Windows 8.1 (I have Windows 10) and it worked!

Tutor
Message 3 of 9 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]

Where did you grab the Windows 8 drivers from? Every time I try to get drivers from the HP site it sees the Windows 10 operating system and throws me that way.

UPDATE: - I was able to ultimately download the driver - tried to instal and it gave me an error that my system did not meet specs for installation and cancelled. Uhg.

Ideas?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 9 (541 Views)

I downloaded mine from the HP website with the HP assist thing. But I used the driver for Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Before I did all that I tried going into the drivers and uninstalling the driver and rebooting but that didn't work. Dowloading the 8.1 driver could've just randomly worked for me, who knows.
Tutor
Message 5 of 9 (535 Views)

For some reason, I can't get the drivers to load - any version. My Updater seems to be hung up, too. I ran a system scan and found no issues. I am totally baffled.

Tutor
Message 6 of 9 (493 Views)

I am still unable to solve this issue - and would appreciate other ideas for a solution.

Tutor
Message 7 of 9 (461 Views)

Finally!!! I found a solution!! A random Google search for a lost IDT Codec driver in Windows 10 suggested another thread here on the HP Forum. After several suggestions this one was posted:

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

Perfect!!! Worked like a champ!!!  Problem solved...just took me two weeks to find it.

Top Student
Message 8 of 9 (377 Views)

Yes, Thank you! I found this solution here and on another part of the HP Forum saying the same thing.

After I reset my HP Envy 23 TouchSmart PC, I was installing all my software again. When I got to the sound issue, I kept seeing the "audio device is missing". Trying to let Windows 10 find the driver said the driver was good but the trouble was the audio device was not working. 

So after searching and searching, I finally found this solution of installing the regular High Definition Audio Device, not the IDT one that Windows 10 wanted. 

My sound works again. So I had to shout it out in case other users like me are wondering too.

Honor Student
Message 9 of 9 (303 Views)

legend! thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation