01-22-2009 06:21 PM
I just purchased a new HP a couple of weeks ago. Beginning yesterday, when I put the computer in "sleep" mode,it turns back on after a few minutes and stays on. I am now having to manually turn the monitor off. Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem and make sure it stays off when put into sleep mode?
01-23-2009 01:28 PM
A lot of times it has to do with where your mouse is, is it in the sun? does it get moved by a cat? is it on a reflective surface?
Have you installed anything new in your puter lately, have you ran a virius scan?, what is your sleep mode set to and what is your screen saver set to?
06-01-2011 08:10 AM
As you did not state the Win OS your using, I'll offer a guideline based on Vista. It discusses all the power settings, and modes, with examples:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-opti
PS> IMHO, It would have been better to post your question as a new thread. It's reversing the original post.
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Home 64 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB Discrete Graphics (8GB memory) 128GB SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro, 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 8GB, 500GB HD SSD, Rosewill Blackhawk case and OCZ 750W.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)