02-15-2012 09:02 AM
HP 64 bit Windows 7 Home Service Pk 1
I am not sure how it happened, but when I rebooted my computer after an unintended shut down, when it came back up the start menu and the desktop icons were out of view on the far left of the screen. I was able to snag & drag the desktop icons to the screen, but the start menu is still not showing up. I have tried to change the resolution to no avail. I did a system restore which didn't change it. Any other suggestions?
02-15-2012 04:43 PM
Are you using just one video cable to connect your pc to your monitor? If you happen to be using two, disconnect one.
- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10