Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 22cw 21.5" monitor
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I want to start by noting that I have read the threads for similar issues on this forum and they have not helped me to solve the issue.  Just want to show that I've made a good faith effort to figure this out before asking!

Products involved: HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor; 2015 MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.3; Cablelera High Speed HDMI with Ethernet, Male/Male, 6' Black Color

Bug overview: Difficult to connect HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5" monitor to 2015 MacBook Pro via HDMI cable. Every time either the computer or the monitor is turned off, I have to repeat annoying process of pressing button next to power button repeatedly (which takes about 30-40 seconds because the monitor only seems to register presses of that button every 4-7 seconds or so) and

So I took a break from writing this to look for drivers and ran across this webpage, the relevant excerpt being, "HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment." Am I wasting my time? It's very frustrating to have to reconfigure the monitor every time I turn off either the monitor or the computer. It's not the worst problem in the world but frankly yes, I was hoping that my monitor would interface a little bit more smoothly with my laptop. Is there a solution to this?

Thank you very much for your time!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Also, the first three buttons (including the first button, which is the menu button) do absolutely nothing until I've gotten the monitor connected to my computer, which again takes at least half a minute of mashing the fourth button.

To be clear: the method I've outlined doesn't always work. Sometimes mashing the fourth button won't connect the monitor to my laptop, and after a minute I'll give up, power my laptop and the monitor off and then on again, and give it another shot. It's extremely inconvenient.

HP Recommended

Hello @hellohellohello,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Chimney_83

Thank you very much for putting me in contact with some of your colleagues within HP! I'm very grateful. I look forward to cooperating with them. And thank you for the reminder to be careful about publicly posting private information.

For other HP customers who happen to run across this thread: I've purchased an AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI Adapter. Hopefully using that in tandem with the aforementioned male-male HDMI cable will solve the issue. I will update the thread when I've tested it.

HP Recommended

Tested the thunderbolt-HDMI adapter. Sort of helped? I feel that my mindless fumblings with the buttons are more likely to get things to connect when I'm using the adapter. But it's still a shot in the dark every time. Very  unreliable. I've sent some more information to an HP support team member who contacted me. I'll update this thread if they help me get things fixed.

HP Recommended

Final response. I've been in touch with some support members and have been encouraged to return the product. They have made clear that they don't provide HP drivers for Macs.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.