07-20-2010 02:27 PM
I want to upgrade the graphics card of my old HP pavillion slimline s3407c with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE integrated graphics card. Will any of these cards work?
HIS Radeon HD 4350 HDMI Dual Link DVI HDCP 512 MB 64bit DDR2 PCIe 16x 2.0 Low Profile Video Card Retail H435F512H (RoHS)
MSI nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512 MB DDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card N8400GS-TD512
ASUS EN9500GT/DI/1GD/V2 GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
HIS Radeon HD 4670 IceQ 1 GB (128bit) DDR3 HDMI Dual DL-DVI (HDCP) PCI Express 2.0 X16 Video Card Retail (RoHS) H467QR1GH
HIS Radeon HD 5450 Silence 1 GB (64bit) DDR3 HDMI DL-DVI (HDCP) VGA PCI Express 2.1 16x Video Card Retail (RoHS) H545H1G
If not, can you suggest a good compatible card - my limit is $80.00
07-20-2010 05:55 PM
Unplug your PC and open it up. Read the label on the power supply. What is the toal wattage and the amperage on the 12+ volt bus? What is the part number on the PSU?
Slimline PCs were not meant to be upgraded. You will need a low profile video card. It's going to be a matter of the power (wattage) of your PSU to narrow the video card selection.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)