Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)

Windows 10 Touchscreen Issue

Product Name: ProOne 400 G1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a weird issue and maybe I'm just overlooking something, but hopefully you guys can help. I have an HP ProOne 400 G1 21.5 inch All-in-one with a touchscreen. After installing a fesh copy of Windows 10 x64 Pro I am having issues with the touchscreen. When I touch it and move around it will display that I'm touching it, but when I click on anything like the start menu button for example, it registers that I touched the screen, but it won't register the click. If I try to open a shortcut on the desktop same thing. If I open Chrome however, I can scroll and click on links and button within Chrome just fine. HP doesn't have a touch driver on their site for this computer so I'm just using the native one Windows 10 installs. Any ideas?

Provost
Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Touchscreen Issue

When you installed the Windows 10 OS, did you install the drivers for the chipset ?

Microsoft Windows 10 supplies the driver for the touchscreen from its DriverStore folder.

HP does not provide one.

If I was able to help you resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (101 Views)

[ Edited ]

I did. I installed all available drivers from HP's website. I have multiples of this model and it has happend to two of them already. It worked when I had Windows 7 installed.

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)

[ Edited ]

How about the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver?

Same issue on both desktop PCs?

If I was able to help you resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (85 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yup, I installed the interface driver on both PCs and it didn't change anything.

Yeah same issue on both computers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation