Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27 B011
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a strange issue when using Internet Explorer 11 and watching YouTube in Full Screen mode.  Sometimes on certain videos the screen would periodically goes black for 2 seconds or so then back to playing the video.  The audio continues to play normally but the screen would black out as if the video display driver is resetting.

Also noticed that this only happens when my display resolution is set at 2560 x 1440.

Video is fine in Full Screen when my resolution is set at 1920 x 1080.

What could be the issue and is there a fix to this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a fix/workaround to this issue by checking the "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" from Internet Options.

I found it odd that my GPU is having rendering issue on YouTube HTML5 at 1440 resolution, but this seems to have fixed it.  But now everything seems fine and not more backouts when playing in Full Screen mode.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Vincestar

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues playing videos full screen on YouTube.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

It depends on the video you are playing and the resolution and the aspect ratios selected when the video is uploaded to YouTube.

However, I recommend you to update the flash player on the computer and also check using a different browser ( Chrome or Mozilla) whether it helps.

You can get the latest flash player from the below link.

https://adobe.ly/2o0a8tI

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found a fix/workaround to this issue by checking the "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" from Internet Options.

I found it odd that my GPU is having rendering issue on YouTube HTML5 at 1440 resolution, but this seems to have fixed it.  But now everything seems fine and not more backouts when playing in Full Screen mode.

HP Recommended

Hi @Vincestar

Thank you for posting back.

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.