Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
parvission slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently began getting error messages while playing games through Facebook.  My screen freezes then turns white then black.   The message states NIVED HAS AN ERROR AND HAS SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED (SOMETHING LIKE THAT) At first, it was occassionly but now happens a lot.

I really do not know what is going on...Do I need to put PC in a shop and replace the video card?

Any assistance will be appreciated. Also I am not completely computer saavy.  Please reply in plain, easy to understand English.

Thanks so much

Chrystal44

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Chrystal44

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavillion Slimline PCwith Win7. When you try to games through Facebook, the screen freezes and turns white and then black. The PC reports about an NVIDIA  error and says has recovered. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Did any updates happen with respect to graphic drivers?
  • Are you able to play other non-Facebook games and watch online videos?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• If this issue started recently then please perform a system restore to rollback the PC to a previous date when everything worked fine. System restore will not delete your data. 
  • Post a successful restore, you may try to play the Facebook games and test the performance. 
  • If the issue persists then you may uninstall the graphic card drivers from device manager. In device manager, expand "display adapters" and right click the drivers in it and click on "uninstall."
  • After you uninstall the graphic drivers, please restart the PC. While Windows 7 restarts, it should install the graphic drivers by itself. 

Feel free to reply with the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi

I had to work today so I have not been able to do all you asked.   I do have some of the information you asked for.

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l -- model s55603n
  • When was the last time it worked fine? 8 months. I didn't pay attention, as I said  Progressively got worse to the point have my task manager handy when I play on the internet.
  • Did any updates happen with respect to graphic drivers? not that I know of
  • Are you able to play other non-Facebook games and watch online videos? Yes but with some difficulty. my computer slowed down considerately.  I signed into WildTangentGames and had to download an app (which I intend to remove)then I played an arcade game.  It was slow going getting my matches to register for points

I will do the  system restore tonight when I get home.  Thanks so much for your help.

HP Recommended

@Chrystal44

You're welcome and thank you for sharing the information.

I will watch for your response. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.