Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I cannot figure out how to stream netflix to my TV on my Touchsmart 610-1280qd.  I have no problem streaming from my Envy laptop but it gets very hot (even with an external fan) and the sound requires speakers.  I had a second monitor attached to the 610-1280qd but told it to duplicate displays.  That did not work.  Disconnected second monitor completly - that did not work.  I also had a failure installing Chromecast  on the 610. Is it possible to stream with a touchscreen to a TV???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hooray, solved it.  I had already set up a second monitor (using the hp video referenced in many replies) with a StarTech USB  to DVI Video Adapter for the second older 2310m HP monitor.  When I went looking for the "USB video connector" referenced elsewhere in the forum, I happened upon a 20.00 dollar DVI to HDMI adapter by GE (Walmart).

By connecting this piece to the USB to DVI Video Adapter it worked for TV access.  I have to disconnect the monitor DVI adaptor cable and replace it with the DVI to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable (less than a minute), allowing me to watch movies from netflix on my TV.  I will say that I would not have figured it out with the forum info, the chat info and visually seeing the possibility that the little DVI to HDMI adapter might work. Good luck to those still trying to watch TV through  their touchscreen.  

It seems to me that when 1100 plus people are trying to see how to do this that HP would create a specific page or video to help us out i.e. "How to connect your Touchscreen to your TV.  I spent 3-4 hours trying to find information to solve a problem that should not exist to begin with. I do not understand why there is not a video out on the touchscreens. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hooray, solved it.  I had already set up a second monitor (using the hp video referenced in many replies) with a StarTech USB  to DVI Video Adapter for the second older 2310m HP monitor.  When I went looking for the "USB video connector" referenced elsewhere in the forum, I happened upon a 20.00 dollar DVI to HDMI adapter by GE (Walmart).

By connecting this piece to the USB to DVI Video Adapter it worked for TV access.  I have to disconnect the monitor DVI adaptor cable and replace it with the DVI to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable (less than a minute), allowing me to watch movies from netflix on my TV.  I will say that I would not have figured it out with the forum info, the chat info and visually seeing the possibility that the little DVI to HDMI adapter might work. Good luck to those still trying to watch TV through  their touchscreen.  

It seems to me that when 1100 plus people are trying to see how to do this that HP would create a specific page or video to help us out i.e. "How to connect your Touchscreen to your TV.  I spent 3-4 hours trying to find information to solve a problem that should not exist to begin with. I do not understand why there is not a video out on the touchscreens. 

HP Recommended

I have the TOuchSmart 610-1100z. It doesn't have an HDMI port. I bought a Sabrent adapter (USB to HDMI), but can't get the whole image of the desktop onto the Tv. Do you know how to do this through settings of some sort?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.