09-13-2011 09:54 AM
Can you tell me your product number? I need to look up some visuals for your computer.
Realistically though, this is a really simple task. Simply put: connect the dots - The monitor needs the Power cord which should be the same as the cord that hooks into the back of a desktop tower, VGA (Blue cables), OR HDMI Cables. If you're using a flatscreen LCD television just look on the back of your television for a VGA Port or HDMI port.
The other end of the VGA or HDMI cable will plug into your laptop. For VGA look for a Blue port with a bunch of tiny holes or if you're hooking up HDMI look for a small quarter of an inch slit it will be a Longer port but smaller.
Let me know how this goes for ya.
09-13-2011 10:27 AM
Unfortunately Neptus does not understand that Touchsmart desktops do not have any video out capability.
You will need to buy a 3rd party USB to VGA/DVI or HDMI adapter to connect a 2nd monitor
09-16-2011 09:31 AM
On an IQ7xx you use the mini-VGA out adapter, if you do not have it, then you will need to get a USB to VGA/DVI or HDMI adapter from a 3rd party.
The mini-VGA adapter is all but inmpossible to purchase at this time and has been that way for several years.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)