Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-112er

hello, I have an hp pavilion 500-122er computer. A 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card was installed on this computer. I decided to replace it with a 2 GB GTX 650 graphics card. But my PC behaved strangely when installing it. when turned on, it outputs 6 signals from the speakers, the images on the monitor are not displayed. The power supply costs 600 watts - this should be enough for this video card. I also tried to install amd r7 360 2gb, the PC starts from it. The GTX 650 is fully functional, I checked it on another computer. What is the reason that my GTX 650 does not work on this PC and how to solve this problem? The motherboard of this computer is foxconn 2abf, the processor is i5 3330p.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The driver page only shows drivers for Windows 8.

HP Pavilion 500-112er Desktop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

All HP PCs that came with W8 or newer have UEFI BIOS's and support secure boot.

HP removed the document that used to provide instructions for how to disable secure boot in consumer class desktop PC's.

Since your PC came with Windows 8, it's in there somewhere.

Updating the BIOS will be of no help.

See this link...it has the cached version of the document HP removed.  Scroll down the page until you see the instructions and illustrations...

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

I attached the above link as a Microsoft Word document below.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Because that is a legacy graphics card and the other cards work with a UEFI BIOS, the only suggestion I can offer would be to go into the BIOS and disable the Secure Boot setting if it is enabled.

Then the card should work.

HP Recommended

Currently, this motherboard does not have a uffi bios installed, but an old version that does not have a mouse cursor. does this version have a secure boot feature and how do I disable it? I plan to update the bios in a few days, can it help?

HP Recommended

The driver page only shows drivers for Windows 8.

HP Pavilion 500-112er Desktop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

All HP PCs that came with W8 or newer have UEFI BIOS's and support secure boot.

HP removed the document that used to provide instructions for how to disable secure boot in consumer class desktop PC's.

Since your PC came with Windows 8, it's in there somewhere.

Updating the BIOS will be of no help.

See this link...it has the cached version of the document HP removed.  Scroll down the page until you see the instructions and illustrations...

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

I attached the above link as a Microsoft Word document below.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!. this method really turned out to be effective, now my video card works together with this motherboard.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.