Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (250 Views)

touchscreen does not allow click

Product Name: Pavillion 23=h024
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure when this started - But my touchscreen  allows me to use the screen to move up and down and highlight the item to be clicked with my fingers but does not respond to the touch to activate.  My mouse is fine.

I have tried the Touchscreen tests from the bios and they pass. I have attempted to delete and reinstall the driver for Human Interface and that has not worked.

When I try to calibrate - the crosshair does not respond to my touch.

I am out of warranty.  Any ideas?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 7 (201 Views)

Re: touchscreen does not allow click

@lyleg

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I read that you have an HP Pavilion 23-h024 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC and the touchscreen is not working correctly. The touchscreen does not respond to the finger touches. You have run the test through BIOS and it passed. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution: 

1. Restart the computer and repeatedly press the F2 key when the computer starts to open the HP Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI).
  2. Select Component Tests from the main menu.
  3. Select Touch Screen.

Figure: Component Tests options

4. Click Run Once.

Quick interactive functional test runs in order to determine if the touchscreen is functioning correctly.

Also, you may refer to the steps in "Screen does not respond to touch, or responds intermittently."

Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (185 Views)

I tried those tests. They passed. I tried a number of solutions in your web page. They did not work.
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7 (165 Views)

@lyleg

Thanks for replying with the results. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot this issue. Smiley Happy

If you have already performed the following steps and still the touchscreen does not work then the last option would be to reinstall Windows operating system:

• Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager.
  • Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager.
  • Configure the touch display.

If the issue started after upgrading to Windows 10 then lease perform Windows updates and also update the graphic drivers. Graphics driver update is available via this link: http://hp.care/2hLutk3.

Let me know the results and I will guide you further. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (119 Views)

I tried all of those solutions. They did not work.

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 7 (108 Views)

@lyleg

Thanks again for replying. Smiley Happy

I believe you have run the hardware test on the touchscreen and it passed and also reinstalled the Windows operating system.Ideally, reinstalling the Windows operating system should have fixed the issue. But if the issue still remains then I recommend you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the service options for your laptop. You may fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm always here to support. Good luck! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I work on behalf of HP

Student
Message 7 of 7 (31 Views)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you got this problem fixed and let me know how you did it.  I bought this PC 3 days ago and it had Win 7 Pro on it and all the touch actions worked perfectly but then I upgraded to Win 10 Pro + added wireless keyboard/trackpad combo at the same time and now my touchscreen is SUPER responsive but it won't let me click on anything at all.  It just lets me move things around and scroll up and down but won't let me "left or right click"

I need this fixed and I really want to keep win 10 pro but I don't mind getting rid of the wireless trackpad if that is the problem.  I have tried everything that HP offered as troubleshooting tips just like you did.  I ran the BIOS tests and everything passed just like yours.  I would have bought a regular desktop with a bigger monitor if I knew that the touchscreen wasn't going to work.  I can't believe that HP didn't do anything more to fix your problem.  I assure you now that I will NEVER buy another HP product if they don't help me fix this.  And my family won't either.  I'm a "Techee" too so I buy all the new cool stuff.  I will just swap to a different brand without hesitation because buying electronics from a maker is key to have "FOREVER" troubleshooting Tech support.  I understand them not wanting to replace parts but if someone needs help with a propritary issue like a touchscreen computer then HP should not quit helping until they resolve the issue.

Please let me know how you fixed this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation