Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
dc7800
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi All

I am trying to add a second hand Radeon 6350 card AMD Radeon HD6350 (ATi-102-c09003) PCI-Express 512mb Video Card + 2x VGA Adapter | eBay  for my HP dc 7800 sff desktop and facing stiff resistance!

My OS is xp SP3 with all the updates, BIOS is latest.

I added the card which is firmly seated and connected it to my single monitor with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-DMS-59-to-2x-DVI-MONITOR-SPLITTER-CABLE-P-N-338285-007-338285-009-/2322....

The cable is also well connected not loose.

Then I uninstalled my onboard intel video driver with DDU and disconnected the cable from onboard vga to the montor Now the monitor ws connected to the installed card only but even though the fan on the card was running, the monitor went to sleep. Should the monitor not display a low resolution image when connected to a working card even before video driver is installed?

In the device manager, I can see under "other devices", yellowed "video controller (vga compatible)". That is all so I am not sure if this refers to the uninstalled onboard video or the gpu card as it does not give further detail--"unknown". So I have no clue if the card is dead or alive!!

Can you please advise which video controller is being referred to here?

The dc7800 manual does not mention any comaptibility issues with any variety of low profile Radeon graphics card and this one is a pretty ordinary run of the mill card anyway. Are there any known issues with this 6350 card and dc7800?

Anything I can do to figure if the card is dead or alive?

Thank you for the help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.