Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP w2408h monitor does not rotate the screen display when I pivot the monitor. 

Looked for help and found comments about "HP My Display software" , I do not have this software on my computer and I cannot find it on the download area.

I have HP m9400f Computer

Windows-Home Premium  Vista 64-bit & 32-bit operating system

This was the first time I had ever pivot the monitor.  I had a few windows open at the time and was online.  I struggled a bit trying to pivot the monitor... i noticed a message did appear about view the screen, but disappeared before I completed the pivot.  The screen stayed set to landscape when I had pivoted to portrait and did not change.

I pivoted the screen back to landscape, closed everything and shut down the computer.  I started again without other windows open and still the screen would not orientate to the monitor.

And... i cannot find a monitor icon anywhere on my control panel to look for help.

Hope someone can help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is not a tablet therefore it can not rotate when you turn it side way. You have to use Display properties and the video card MUST support this. Just try this first:

Hold down both Ctrl & Alt key then press Up arrow key (or left arow key).

or watch the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlYdZoe_mOI

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

the w2408h Monitor should automatically rotate.  It is a feature of the monitor.  I watched the YouTube link and when I did as it instructed my monitor rotated to portrait but not happily.  My mouse was lost and difficult to work.

Please watch this link about my monitor and you will know how it should work.... but mine is not working

(first time trying to do a link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHm6uEK09Oo

HP Recommended

Hello there,

The monitor screen should be able to rotate automatically when you turn the display.

Also, your monitor should come with a CD with the HP My Display Software and you must have this installed if you want the monitor to rotate automatically, if not, only by using the video card properties and you can do it manually. Very easy task.

If you don't have the CD, try to download the software from this website:

http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpw/enu/upgrade.html

Hope this helps, if not, let me know.

Thanks,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

I realize this post is quite old - but I have a w2408h and I really need the pivot feature. I have installed MyDisplay and updated the drivers, etc - but it still will not pivot. I have an HP Envy 15 computer running WIndows 7 (64bit). I can not figure out why it will not pivot. The only thing I hvae ever added was a Fusion Display utility that allows for different backgrounds on the two monitors. But I can not even seem to find where to uninstall that - it just made a folder with a fused photo of the two pictures I wanted to use.

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this problem? I need this feature to finish a job for a client - I need to capture a long portrait image.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Vnyga - Thank you for the quick response. I jsut tried that - both with the installed MyDisplay software, then again after uninstalling the MyDisplay software. It still does not work. The strange thing is that the On Screen Display Menu (the one you get when you press the "Menu" button on the monitor screen for screen setings) rotates. But the Desktop does not.

Any more suggestions?

HP Recommended
Did you ever get this to work? Having same problem
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.