Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Keyboard HP350, Bluetooth

Since my new keyboard HP 350 Compact Bluetooth keyboard doesn't have Home & End keys, can I assign some other key or combination of keys to do the job? e.g "Fn+ Right Arrow Key" should do the job of 'End' key.  If yes, how?

Already contacted support, but they suggested to use 0n-screen keyboard 🙂

- Pasting a previously asked question, which hasn't been replied as yet.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Vikash1568,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a keyboard issue with your HP Keyboard issue, Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Please try the following Troubleshoots steps. 

1.    Turn off the Unit.

2.    Disconnect the AC adapter.

3.    Remove any discs from the disc drive.

4.    Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

5.    Disconnect all nonessential peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.

6.    Disconnect the AC adapter press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.

7.    Reconnect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer.

Step 2

Turn off the unit and please press and hold the Windows key + letter B key and the power button together for 30 seconds after 30 seconds, 1st release the power button but keep holding the Windows key and B key for ten more seconds and then release these two keys If done correctly, you will see the display flashing once. Please attempt it thrice as this step and Restart the unit

Step3

The unit has to be turned off, Press Win+ V while holding these two keys then Press the Power button, continue to hold all three keys for 30 seconds and then release the Power button first and then release these two keys Please attempt it thrice  and then you may get a Pop-Up CMOS Check and it will restart the unit 

Even if you don't get a Pop-up restart the unit manually after 3 attempts.

To assist better:

• Was there any recent update on the PC?
  • Are all the drivers on HP Support Assistant up to date?

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

Uninstall drivers on Device Manager

1 Open device manage to Uninstall drivers on Device Manager

2. Open Start.

3. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.

4. Expand the category with the device driver to remove.

5. Right-click the keyboard device and select the Uninstall device option.

6. Click the Uninstall button. Once you complete the steps, the driver will be entirely removed from the computer.

Restart the unit

Update the BIOS & Keyboard drivers to resolve this issue

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP PCs - Testing for hardware failures in Windows 10

If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Gaya,

Thanks for your response. I believe the query was regarding the HP external bluetooth keyboard. HP 350 Compact Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard (692T0AA).

This keyboard doesn't have the Home and Key button (either separately or mapped on top on Left and right arrow buttons). Query is: Is there a way to map Home, End, Page Up and Page down button to respective arrow keys, such that it can be used in a similar fashion as keyboard that comes with the laptop. If yes, how can we do that?

Thanks,

Vikash

HP Recommended

@Vikash1568 

Thank you for your reply options are not available as you have already contacted HP support as suggested please try to use the 0n-screen keyboard.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.