Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z640
Linux

We would like to add a nVidia Tesla K40 to our Z640 workstation. This GPU requires a 6-pin and 8-pin  PCI-E power connectors. The power supply of the Z640 has two 6-pin connectors with only 5 pins used. Is there an adapter that we can use to convert the 6-pin connector to a 8-pin connector, possibly using the a molex connector that is currently not connected to anything?

I see from the Quick specs of the workstation that the Tesla K 40 is sold with an upgrade kit for the Z640. Which solution is employed in that kit for powering the GPU?

Also, where can I find detailed specs for the 925 W power supply of the workstation, i.e. number and Amps of 12 V rails? These specs are missing in the Quick Specks sheet and in the Service and Maintenance Guide.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You need the N1G35AA  or 460621-002, this adapts the 6 to an 8pin

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.