Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All in one desktop 20-c010
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I'm trying to comply with computer specifications for an work at home job with Enterprise Holdings. One of the requirements is that the  CPU is at least 2000 mhz. My system has a dual processor each at 1.60 ghz, but it is not passing the requirements. Is there a way to adjust this for it to see the processor's as one. If that makes any sense?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. My answer is no, two 1.6 GHz processors wont make one 3.2GHz processor.

For exampe: You have two trucks, max speed for each truck is 160 mph. Both trucks run at a same time they can't run at 320mph, they can still runt at 160mph (or slower due to competing the road) but they can carry twice amount of goods.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Intel Celeron J3060 (Braswell-D)
•CPU speed: 1.6 GHz (2.48 GHz) - max turbo boost)
•CPU cores: 2
CPU Cache: 2 MB

So, your CPU, when needed, will exceed the 2.0 GHz requirement, for each of the 2 processors.

Is the requirement listed on paper (or in a document) as a "requirement",  or are you trying to install some software that "enforces" the requirement?

> work at home job with Enterprise Holdings.

Really?  What is their web-site?

Most of the "work-at-home" jobs involve money-laundering, i.e., receiving "payment", keeping a percentage, and sending the majority of the money away.  Eventually, your bank declares the "payment" as being a forged cheque, and you can never reclaim the money that you sent away.

More information:

Enterprise Holdings is the parent company of multi-billion dollar brands Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent-A-Car, and National Car Rental

I hope that you are working for the "real" Enterprise Holdings  -- not some "scammer" hijacking the name.

From:  https://careers.enterprise.com/job/tulsa/work-from-home-reservation-sales-representative/430/3360888...

Technical Qualifications:

• Computer or PC (no Mac)
  • Compatible OS Versions: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10
  • Computer USB Headset with microphone
  • Modem and router
  • Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable
  • High speed Internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider (no DSL, satellite or wireless)
    • Minimum upload speed of 2mbps
    • Minimum download speed of 5mbps
    • Use of wireless and WiFi “air cards” is prohibited

*You will be shipped a headset and key fob to the address provided on your application. Equipment may arrive separately.

There is no mention on that page about minimum CPU speed, but, obviously, the CPU must be fast-enough to run Windows 7/8/10 (Microsoft requires 1.0 Ghz).

I'm not sure what "Computer or PC" really means, and why they like Windows 8 (which is far less secure than Windows 8.1), and why they don't like "wireless" (which can be just as secure as "wired") connectivity, but that's outside of the context of your question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.