Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion h8-1360t, Windows7 home premium 64-bit,  AMD Radeon HD 7570 graphics card.

error message: Digital Input Cannot Display this Video Mode Optimum Resolution 1280 x 1024 60hz. 

I get the error message as soon as Windows opens and the desktop displays.  Then it goes black with that message.  I've been using the computer for awhile and I had it so that when I maximized a window it would go across both screens.  I have two monitors on the graphics card.  Somehow I changed the settings so that a program would maximize to one monitor or the other.   That is how I want it to work.  Maybe I activated HydraVision.  Now I have the problem when I start.

Also now when I boot to Safe Mode I get the message that there is no AMD graphics driver installed, or it is not functioning properly.  I have tried to update it and the computer tells me I have the most recent version installed.   I would like to uninstall it and reinstall it, but I'm a little worried I won't get it installed and be without video.  Something like that happened to me once before years ago.

Could someone tell me what I should do please?

Thanks,

Jim Allen

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
>Also now when I boot to Safe Mode I get the message that there is no AMD graphics driver installed
But you have a display?
Can you change the display settings to the recommended resolution and then reboot normally?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

Oh, sorry.  Stupid me.   I forgot to mention that the display settings are at 1280x1024 60hz.  I'm not sure of the 60hz or where to change that.

HP Recommended
>I'm not sure of the 60hz or where to change that.
This is also in the resolution settings in windows.
But - do you have a display now?
Or in safe mode also only the error message?
Don't you have the possibility to boot in 800x600 mode?
HP Recommended

I only have safe mode now.  Up until last night it was hit or miss on having video on booting up.  Now it never boots normal and has any video.  Safe mode I can do anything, but get that message about not having a driver or it's not functioning.  I think in Safe Mode it might not use the driver.  Just a guess.  

I am wondering if I should delete the driver and then install a new downloaded driver.

HP Recommended

I tried doing a system restore a couple of days ago and after that the video worked.  But that could have been coincidental. I tried another system restore last night and still no video.  

Is there a number for tech support here at HP?

HP Recommended

Today I tried to boot to 640 480 mode.  When the computer boots up the screens are just blank.  What does that mean?

HP Recommended
HP support is here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

In safe mode you should uninstall the driver, then try to boot normal again.
Then check if driver was installed by win7.
If not go go AMD website and download latest driver for your card.

V.
HP Recommended

I chatted with an HP tech Saturday and we tried the driver and that didn't work.  Faulty video card was the diagnosis and I should have a new one Tuesday.

HP Recommended

dear sir,

i have dell optiplex 990, 790 and Hp elite 8200,8300 desktop model when i install new copy of windows 10 after file loading when windows 10 icon show suddenly display is gone and a message is appear THIS VIDEO MOOD CANNOT BE DISPLAYED

i change many monitors model but same message arrived

there is one thing is very shocking on my systems al ready installed windows version is 10

but when i install a new copy of windows 10 this message appear help me guide me

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.