Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ptwo 

First install AMD Chipset:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

Atheros network driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54605.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Realtek Audio:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54606.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks CherylG.

I was confused with the options I had at the amd site you recommended, so I didn't know what to do. I got a response on another posting that suggested I use the drivers from the p2-1120, and I now have internet access with the Windows 7 Pro I installed on my p2-1322 by using the following driver from the p2-1120:  

Original Atheros Network Controller Driver. (I would imagine that it's very similar to the Atheros Network Controller Driver you were recommending. (The audio on my pc seems to be working fine, si I have not downloaded the realtek audio you recommended.)

One thing I still can't understand is why my PC is only recognizing about 330 GB of my 1 TB hard drive.  The computer came with a 500 GB HD, but I had a Hitachi 1 TB HD that I wasn't using, so I installed the 1TB HD before I installed Windows 7 Pro on my p2-1322.  It only showed 330 GB when I was installing the Windows 7 (and I guess I was hoping it would somehow fix itself after the install).

I had used this 1 TB HD for a few months a couple years ago when the HD on my old HP Pavilion slimline crashed back in 2011 (and it showed the full 1TB when I used it back in 2011).  I had purchased the Slimline s3120n TV PC back in 2007 (and it came with Vista), and after I installed the 1TB HD in 2011 and loaded Windows 7 pro on it, the processor on it failed a few months later (and the 1TB HD had not been used from 2011 until I installed it in my p2-1322 a couple weeks ago).

Is there some way to get my p2-1322 to recognize the full 1TB capacity of the HD? 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

At the AMD site it is the first file in the list-AMD Chipset Drivers.

As for the hdd- during the Install did it show more than one partition? The new Windows 7 may have installed on a second partition running alongside the first install. If you lok at the hdd using Disk Management what is showing?

HP Recommended

When I look at disk mamangement, that is also only showing 330GB.

HP Recommended

1- 330GB, and only 1 partition shown in Disk Management?

2- When you booted from the Win 7 dvd to install, how many partitions did it see? Did you choose Custom (advanced) on the installer?

Look at the installation guide starting at page 9. It shows choosing Custom (advanced) and what you would see if there was more than 1 partition on the next page and how to delete and use the entire hdd.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/windows-7-clean-install-part-1_9.htm

HP Recommended

Heres one for you.  purchased a HP Pavilion  2 weeks ago.  Came with Win 8.  Found out this was the most convoluted program I have ever used and I have been in the IT Business since 1994.  There is no one step click to get you where you need to go with out going through multiple clicks.  Next When I tried to downgrade from Win 8 to Win 7 Ultimate it didn't happen, so I called Microsoft Tech Support after all they developed the program.  I was told that the PC is to new and that I had to go to the manufacturer(HP) and get there tech support.  I did and after spending 2 hours with a Tech from India which was barely understood and following his advise, my Operating system and Hard Drive was slicked.  He said sorry, took my phone number and made an appointment to call me back in the am.  "IT NEVER HAPPENED"  I was left with a dead brand new computer, and no operating system and can't get it to even boot to anything.  Some kind of foreign tech support h"uman virus" for sure.  Several attempts to call  have failed.  Hp has me rather disappointed after buying their products for over 10 years.  Never gonna happen again.  Your left with the you bought it your stuck with it.  The PC's do not even come with a factory recovery disk.  There is not even a disclaimer that says "This Computer Cannot Be DownGraded to Another Operating System"  Sucks for sure.

HP Recommended

MrB_007, I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

Thank you KittyK.  Also All I wanted to do go back to Windows 7 Ultimet x86/32Bit.  I have a lot of programs that do not like the 64 Bit Version.  I am not a difficult person, just want to be able to run the operation system that is the easiest.  I teach older Veterans at my local post and some of them bought new laptops and desktops, and have a real difficult time trying to learn windows 8, they were used to XP and Win 7 but win 8 has them all totally confused.  Bottom line why have all fo the PC Manufacturers gone to Win 8 and no more Win7?

Thanking you n advance for your assistance with this matter.

V/r

{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Bottom Line other than going through the drill of selling the new laptop with win8 I got and trying to find one with Win7 Ultimate, I am stuck with the new HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC 15-n028us with Windows 8.  Not to mention the nightmare of trying to get some Technical Support from India and Microsoft Technical that just passed me off as "TS" you bought it you live with it.  Very Dissapointed Customer with HP.  All I wanted was the ability to downgrade this convoluted Desktop to a simplified Windows 7.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.